The Board of Management conducts the business of the company in accordance with the statutory laws and legislation, the Articles of Association, and other relevant regulations. It ensures compliance with the statutory regulations and internal company guidelines and ensures that they are observed by the Group companies. The Board of Management and the Supervisory Board observe the recommendations of the German Corporate Governance Code provided that no deviations are listed in the Declaration of Compliance.
The management of SURTECO SE pursues the objective of generating long-term Economic Value Added in the interests of the company. The management process takes into account the interests of the shareholders, the company’s employees, and the other groups affiliated with the company (shareholders). The Board of Management develops the strategic direction of the company, agrees it with the Supervisory Board, and implements the strategy.
The Board of Management is also responsible for the internal management and risk controlling system within the SURTECO Group..
However, the executive management of SURTECO aims to implement a prudent system of management that goes beyond the statutory requirements and the recommendations of the Corporate Governance Code. To this end, the Board of Management has approved a Code of Conduct for the SURTECO Group. The code contains additional regulations governing cooperation within the company and with respect to business partners and third parties.
Dependability, commitment, transparency, integrity and fairness are further key values held by our company. These include the following principles:
- Legal and ethical conduct, and observance of legal and cultural framework conditions;
- Loyalty to the company;
- Fair, polite and respectful approach to employees and people outside the company;
- Taking reasonable account of the interests of customers and business partners;
- Social commitment;
- Commitment to environmental protection and health and safety at work;
- Fair competition and refraining from any form of preferential treatment during initial approaches, allocation or processing of an order;
- Prohibition of any form of discrimination on grounds of gender, ethnic origin, religious affiliation, or any other salient characteristics;
- Responsible and transparent conduct in dealing with risks;
- Professional approach, fairness and dependability in all business relationships.
The goal of the SURTECO Group is to bring about a sustained increase in corporate value in harmony with the interests of the shareholders, business partners, members of staff and the community at large. Expertise, performance and responsible actions by all employees constitute a key foundation for success.